Strategic Plan & Performance
GIS Maps and Data
Blue Notes Newsletter
Blue Notes Newsletter Sign-up
What We Do
Education and Outreach
Milwaukee Estuary AOC Projects
What You Can Do
Become a Fresh Coast Guardian
Home HazMat Collection
Water Drop Alert
What Not to Flush
Construction and CAD Standard Documents and Special Bid Attachments
Events & Outreach
Contract Compliance Login
Government & Business
Rules & Regulations
Private Property I & I
Pipe Check Contractor Resources
Industrial Waste & Pretreatment
Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDL)
2050 Facilities Plan
2020 Water Quality Initiative
1. Roughen the surface with sandpaper or a sanding sponge.
2. Wash off well with vinegar and water.
3. Let dry thoroughly.
4. Apply two to three coats of exterior latex primer.
5. Sketch and paint design with exterior acrylic paints, such as household exterior latex paint.
6. Seal with two to three coats of polyacrylic latex sealant. Make sure coats dry thoroughly between applications.
7. Share your rain barrel with us! Submit an image or video of your rain barrel and we'll send you a FREE t-shirt for being a Fresh Coast Guardian.